Portio Mobile Factbook 2013
Free Telecoms Market Research Reports
Broadband & Fixed
Handsets & Devices
Information & Communications Technology
Media & Entertainment
Mobile Content & Applications
Networks & Infrastructure
Terms & Conditions
A review of ASO best practices, the challenges for upcoming transitions, the Second Digital Dividend and business modelsThis report proposes an international benchmark for DTT rollout and Analogue Switch-Off (ASO) practices and also presents guidelines for the ASO. It addresses the issues and prospects of the (Second) Digital Dividend and details business models for the overall process of transition to digital, including three country cases in the low- to mid-GDP/pop range.
• What are the key standards and technologies used in DTT, mobile TV, digital radio and mobile broadband? What are the trends, internationally?
• Where do we stand in terms of DTT rollout and ASO processes in the world? What are the key driving factors?
• Following the ASO in Europe, what are the lessons learnt? What are the best practices and key milestones for a smooth transition?
• Is there any room for cooperation between the worlds of telecoms and TV in the spectrum split? Towards a Second Digital Dividend in EMEA?
• What is the business case for the digital transition in low- to mid-GDP/pop countries? What investments and costs are necessary? Who is funding the transition? What role should Public-Private partnerships be playing?