Portio Mobile Factbook 2013
Free Telecoms Market Research Reports
Broadband & Fixed
Handsets & Devices
Information & Communications Technology
Media & Entertainment
Mobile Content & Applications
Networks & Infrastructure
Terms & Conditions
The general lack of awareness of mobile vulnerabilities and this increase in mobile malware has driven a nascent yet dynamic market in mobile security products and services. This market is initially driven by business concerns on the protection of corporate assets and information, and has spurred the growth of niche companies offering services such as mobile device management, and cloud based security. Consequently, visiongain has determined that the value of the global mobile security market in 2012 will reach $1.6bn.
Mobile security products will become intrinsic to general cybersecurity in any organisation planning on allowing the use of mobile devices. The different solutions will address malware, spam, spyware applications, unauthorised access and modification at the same level as general cybersecurity measures. The industry is quickly grasping the notion that mobile malware will likely evolve similarly to PC-based threats, and that similar protection and detection measures will be necessary.
National mobile security markets in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region will experience the strongest growth. BRIC nations will also show signs of a burgeoning mobile security market, as their populations increasingly adopt smart devices, albeit in the mid to long term. Spending in the rest of the world, such as smaller Latin American countries, the Middle East and Africa will not be quite as significant, with a much smaller market, despite a favourable growth rate. The adoption of broadband networks and the decreasing prices of smart devices will eventually change the situation in the long term.
Unique Selling Points
• Comprehensive analysis of the prospects for the mobile security market from 2012-2017.
• Analysis and forecasting informed by extensive expert consultation with industry leaders. You will be able to read full transcripts of interviews from 7 leading companies involved within the mobile security market.
• 111 tables, charts and figures that quantify, analyse and forecast the changing dynamics of the mobile security market between 2012-2017.
• Forecasts and analysis for the global mobile security market between 2012-2017
• Forecasts and analysis for 6 mobile security submarkets from 2012-2017.
• Forecasts and analysis for 9 national mobile security markets, as well as rest of the world figures and projections for the period 2012-2017
• Analysis of the forces that influence and characterise the mobile security market
• Profiles of 30 leading companies operating within the mobile security market.
This report has been compiled by combining information obtained from a very wide and rich mixture of primary and secondary research sources, producing a broad industry overview. Visiongain sought opinions from leading figures in the mobile security market to underpin the analysis of market drivers and restraints. The study draws on a diverse range of official corporate and governmental announcements, media reports, policy documents, industry statements and expert opinion as a basis for discussing and predicting developments in the mobile security market between 2012 and 2017.
Visiongain considers that this methodology results in an accurate, objective mixture of analyses and forecasts.
Why you should buy The Mobile Security (mSecurity) Market 2012-2017
• You will receive a comprehensive analysis of the mobile security market from 2012-2017
• The analysis and forecasting has been informed by extensive expert consultation with industry leaders. Within the report, you will be able to read full transcripts of interviews from 7 leading companies involved within the mobile security market.
- Kaspersky Lab
- Mobile Active Defense
- Odyssey Software
• You will find 111 tables, charts, and graphs that quantify, analyse and forecast the mobile security market from 2012-2017
• You will find forecasts and analysis of 6 mobile security submarkets over the period 2012-2017
- Mobile Data Security
- Mobile Device Security
- Mobile Identity Management
- Mobile Virtual Private Networks
- Mobile Device Management
- Mobile Security as a Service
• You will be presented with forecasts for the 9 leading national mobile security markets, as well as rest of the world figures and projections for the period 2012-2017
- United Kingdom
- United States
• You will receive a SWOT analysis that examines the mobile security market from 2012-2017
• You will gain profiles of 30 leading companies operating within the mobile security market
What is the structure of the report?
Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the mobile security market.
Chapter 2 provides an analysis of mobile threats. The chapter includes analysis of forms of malware, vectors, and threat expansion.
Chapter 3 offers an overview of the global mobile security market. The chapter focuses on six submarkets that constitute the mobile security market.
Chapter 4 provides sales forecasts and analysis of growth over the period 2012 to 2017 for the global mobile security market, as well analysis of regional and national markets.
Chapter 5 provides a SWOT analysis, discussing the main strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the mobile security market.
Chapter 6 features seven interviews from leading companies within the field of mobile security.
Chapter 7 includes the outline and profile of 30 major companies operating within the mobile security market.
Chapter 8 is a summary of the report, outlining the main conclusions of the analyses.
Chapter 9 is a glossary of acronyms used in the report.
You can order this report today
Anybody with an interest in the mobile security market should gain valuable information and insight from this new study by visiongain, which analyses one of the most exciting markets in the data & cybersecurity markets. Mobile security offers substantial business and investment opportunities and is becoming an increasingly important component of the mobile handset market in several key regional markets.
This visiongain utility report will be valuable both to those already involved in the mobile security market and those wishing to enter the market in the future. Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The Mobile Security (mSecurity) Market 2012-2017
Check Point Software Technologies
Guardian Edge Technologies
Hewlett Packard (HP)
Mobile Active Defense (M.A.D.)
Mobile Application Development Partners
RIM (Research in Motion)
Government Agencies and Other Organisations Mentioned in This Report
Brazilian Ministry of Justice
German Federal Office for Information Security
International Telecommunication Union
News of the World
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
Rotman School of Management
Technical University of Vienna
Union of European Football Associations
University of California